What is this method?
This meditation is a wellbeing practice that supports the brain networks linked to health, happiness, and wellbeing. It is not a medical intervention and should not be seen as a clinical treatment. These notes are a guide; ideally, Welcoming Meditation should be taught by an experienced meditator familiar with the technique. Alternatively, follow the links below to find free online training, support and guidance. The object of the project is to make Welcoming Meditation freely available to all those that need it. The value of improved resilience to people that have suffered stress or trauma is incalculable.
Would you like to practice?
All our resources are available freely to anyone who needs them. They are not for sale. However, I advise you to receive a formal introduction to the practice at the outset. This should be given by someone trained in the method; where available, this will be delivered free of charge. We are creating an online meditation group on Thursday evenings (GMT) where people can practice together and receive instruction. All are welcome to join, but please let us know in advance by email@example.com with welcoming meditation in the title. We’re in the process of publishing the meditation scripts and producing a quality training video.
We are looking for volunteers to help us in these areas (see below).
Who developed Welcoming Meditation?
Stephen Gene Morris has created the Welcoming Meditation; he is a neuropsychologist and meditation researcher from the University of Kent. He has been practising and teaching meditation for twenty-five years and has studied the theory and practice of meditation methods for two decades. He is a specialist in compassion and nondual techniques, and he is currently writing the scientific history of mindfulness as a PhD project.
How can you find out more?
To access all the available information about Welcoming Meditation, including free online training and live group practice, visit the main information page at: https://meditationforhealth.co.uk/welcome/
How can you support this project?
All key contact details are listed below. Our main goal is to teach this practice to anyone that needs it. People should be able to access this method and all necessary materials freely. While online training and downloadable resources are a good starting point. We need more resources in several areas.
- We require reliable translations of our teaching materials into many languages.
- We need suitably experienced volunteers to deliver training in different locations and languages. Those volunteers will need to be recruited and trained in the Welcoming Meditation method.
- We need corporate partners to help us with the project at all levels.
- We welcome donations and support from members of the public, but we are mindful that urgent humanitarian projects also need to be supported.
- If you wish to create a welcoming atmosphere for refugees or migrants, practising this meditation in an online group, with your friends or with others, a concrete welcome and help support this project. It is also likely to boost your own health, happiness and wellbeing.
- Web – https://meditationforhealth.co.uk/welcome/
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org